Mas Cerveza, Por Favor!

A thoughtful chronicle of my study-abroad experience at the UDLA in Mexico...and by that I mean a collection of wild stories about crazy things I will do in Mexico and some other random, non-important things.

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Trip to the ZOO!

Being the strong independent woman I am, I decided to venture solo to the Mexico City Chapultepec zoo on Saturday the 18th since its free. It was "bring your handicapped mexican child to the zoo day". But seriously, it was the "Amigos de Teleon" annual trip to the zoo. (Amigos de Teleton are like a group that volunteers with handicapped kids and raises money for Teleon, an organization that helps the disabled.) It was very sad to see all those kids, but nice that so many people volunteer, I think there was at least a 1 volunteer to 1 kid ratio, and probably 200 kids there, so that was nice.

Anyway, a zoo is a zoo no matter what country its in, so I won't go into too much detail about the exhibits. (I did pay 35 pesos (3.50usd) to go see the Butterly Paradise and the Bug Palace. Butterflies were very cool, bugs were very creepy.)

I thought these photos were cool cuz its got some skyline in with the zoo. (Fun fact: If you click on the photo it will get bigger in a new window. Cool!)


















0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home