Mas Cerveza, Por Favor!

A thoughtful chronicle of my study-abroad experience at the UDLA in Mexico...and by that I mean a collection of wild stories about crazy things I will do in Mexico and some other random, non-important things.

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Stuff, before the departure.

Yesterday I went to Mexico City for an interview with a small boutique marketing firm (Colours) and basically in 12 minutes of an interview I had the job. I'm their first American employee, oooOOOoooo aaahhhhh. Check "co-op job" off of my to-do list! Sounds like it will be a fun job tho, so I'm excited.

I'm going to adopt a Mexican baby from an orphanage after I finish having my own. Maybe even twins, if possible. Regardless, I'll name my adopted Mexican son Usted. (This is only really funny if you speak spanish because americans have such a problem with the "usted" form of grammar, and probably only funniest to me and Liz.) When he's an attractive teenager the girls can call him Ustud. Maybe we can just call him Ted for short, or U. Even better, i could name the twins "tu" and "usted".

Read this. http://www.maximonline.com/articles/index.aspx?a_id=6781

1 final tomorrow, 1 huge paper Thursday. ew x 1000.

today my mom asked me what i wanted for christmas, besides money. i told her retail america doesn't exist in mexico therefore i have no idea what are the hot items on the market. hell, i didn't even know what a friggin' iPod Nano was still my sister told me she wanted one and i had to ask her to explain it to me...

my room here is probably 10 feet long by 7 feet deep (excluding closet/build in desk thing). this is not very big at all, the bed takes up most of the space. yet somehow i cannot manage to keep this room clean for more than 16 hours. that must make me the biggest slob ever or something like that.

oh yeah, today anna kaminski turns 22. but she not-so-secretly wishes it was 21 all over again. she doesn't want to be old.

BOSTON (and Dan) on SATURDAY!!! yay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home