Mas Cerveza, Por Favor!

A thoughtful chronicle of my study-abroad experience at the UDLA in Mexico...and by that I mean a collection of wild stories about crazy things I will do in Mexico and some other random, non-important things.

Sunday, September 04, 2005

I'm a hater

Things I hate about Mexico:

- my feet are so big, I'm never going to be able to find cute shoes EVER.
- living in the dorms with all these freshmen who have zero respect for others study habits and just don't realize that I'm starting my 4th year in college and have zero tolerance for their bullshit...
- random nasty smells that hit you out of nowhere when you're walking along minding your own business
- stray dogs
- taxis drivers yelling "Taxi Senorita!" at me while I walk somewhere...listen Mr. Taxi Driver, if I had felt the need to take a taxi to my destination, I would have called one before I left. You yelling "taxi" at me is not going to suddenly make me change my mind and be like "Oh hey you're right, I totally could use a ride from your taxi right now." Just stop asking...I'll call you in advance if I need you.
- you have to pay for bottled water in restaurants. I took free water for granted at home...
- 15% IVA (tax) on pretty much everything.
- topes (like speedbumps) practically every 100 feet on the streets

more to come...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home