Mas Cerveza, Por Favor!

A thoughtful chronicle of my study-abroad experience at the UDLA in Mexico...and by that I mean a collection of wild stories about crazy things I will do in Mexico and some other random, non-important things.

Sunday, September 11, 2005

EWWWW

So I get home last night, completely sober, extremely tired and I just want to go to bed so I can get up semi-early and start studying for my impossible exam I have on Monday. And I'm chatting online a bit and then I get up to go brush my teeth, and on my flip flops by the door, I see THIS:

Unfortunately this picture is blurry, but I was totally freaking out so I wasn't exactly thinking about focusing the camera ya know?? So this my friends, is the fucking centipede that was on my floor. The the little fucker squirms his way right underneath my bedframe, which is pretty much a block of solid wood. So I'm like, "Oh shit. I'm not sleeping with that thing under my bed. I definitely need to move it (the entire bed) and find it (the centipede) and remove that creepy thing from my bedroom ASAP." So I go to brush my teeth, since its only proper to exterminate with freshly cleaned teeth. And when I return from the bathroom, I SEE IT CRAWLING ON MY COVERS ON MY BED....and proceed to scream like a little girl and burst into tears because I'm home alone and there's no one to save me from the centipede (rational, I know). So I get my shoe, and push him onto the floor where I then proceed to throw a tupperware on top of him, and put a book on top of that so he can't get out. And then I continue to freak out that there's more of them and they will be crawling all over/in my bed while I sleep. So after a half hour I manage to calm down and get into bed, and slept horribly. So when I woke up this morning I was like "Oh shit, I've got a creepy crawly thing caged in some plasticware on my floor. What ever shall I do?" So I decide that I will not squish him onto the tile floor cuz I don't want to clean up bug guts, I will just leave him there til someone helps me, and I gave him a nice Mexican name: "Rodrigo Alejandro Antonio Centipedeito". And then I went to take a shower. And when I got out, my roomie's friend who was up visiting was in the hallway and I was like "OMG, Look what was in my room last night!" And this girl was the sweetest girl in the world, and she was like "Oh I'll kill it for you, they sting you really badly if they get on your skin." And I kind of wanted to be like "you're my saviour I love you" and give her a big hug and kiss, but I was just in a towel and all wet from the shower so I decided against it.

*RIP Rodrigo. Thanks for scaring the bejesus out of me, I really hadn't screamed bloody murder or bawled my eyes out in fear in quite a long time, I guess I was past due, so thanks for getting it out of my system. Please tell your centipede friends to stay the fuck away from me. Muchas gracias amigo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home